Provisional Itinerary 26th March – 2nd April 2016:
- 26th March (Saturday): Meet in Phnom Penh for bike hire and planning (PM). UWS can book riders into a good hotel at a small extra cost –$65-70 per twin/double room.
- 27th March: Depart Phnom Penh (7am) in private minibuses. Drive Phnom Penh to Siem Pang, Stung Treng Province (North Cambodia). Group briefing (PM). Stay in guesthouse. Leave large bags at guesthouse (for transfer to Banlung).
- 28th March: Cycle Siem Pang to Kiri Vong Sa Village (c.5 hours cycling), visiting Chan Tuk Village and 2-3 UWS Schools en route. Stay in the remote Kiri Vong Sa Village in Stung Treng Province (hammocks).
- 29th March: Cycle Kiri Vong Sa to Vernsai or UWS Rock School (tough day of cycling through jungle and plantations, c.10 hours, depart 6.30am). Stay in guesthouse or in hammocks in Rock Village in Ratanakiri Province.
- 30th March: Cycle Vernsai to O Tabok (c.3 hours), visit UWS O Tabok School. River swim. Stay in O Tabok Village.
- 31st March: Cycle O Tabok to Banlung (c.3 hours). Check into guesthouse and celebratory meal.
- 1st April: Rest and recovery. Debrief. Visit Banlung and Crater Lake.
- 2nd April: Minibus returns to Phnom Penh (option to travel onto Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) at own expense).
Full details are available in the pdf here: Beyond_the_Bike_Cambodia_Tour_2016_updated_September_2015.pdf
If you would like to join the team sponsorship page go to: https://www.justgiving.com/teams/BTB-Cambodia
or to make a donation to this ride go to: https://www.justgiving.com/Beyondthebike-Cambodia/